Best Kitchen Countertops 2021
An area where meals are made, built-in cookers are placed, or even used as a storage area; Yes, we are talking about the kitchen countertops! When choosing kitchen countertops that serve different purposes and also play an important role in kitchen decoration, there are some elements that you should examine in order not to regret later and to use the countertop for a long time.
The kitchen is one of the most important places in our house. Especially for those who love to eat, the decoration and usefulness of the kitchens are also important. Therefore, the choice of kitchen countertops is very important. Of course, there are issues to consider when choosing kitchen countertops for those who care about their family and their own health. Apart from being cost-effective, it must be durable, hygienic, scratch-proof, and decorative.
Kitchen countertops, which have an important place in kitchen decoration in terms of both usefulness and aesthetics, can be produced from various materials. If you find it difficult to decide which materials from the natural stone group, such as concrete, glass, granite, stainless steel, wood, Corian, quartz, etc. to choose, this article is for you!
As Prime Custom we are using the best quality kitchen countertops for your kitchens.
Here are the best materials for kitchen countertops with all their advantages and disadvantages…
Best Materials for Kitchen Countertops
Today, it is possible to find many types and models of kitchen countertops made with different materials. There are price, feature, and performance differences according to the type of material used. The kitchen counter to be chosen for the kitchens, which is one of the places where the most time is spent and worked, is very important. The type of kitchen counter to be used is required to be resistant to impacts, abrasions, acid, heat, rust, and scratches. Therefore, it is expected that the countertops will show durability for a long time without losing their properties.
Granite Kitchen Countertops
Granite is a natural stone type. It is in the same stone category as marble. Granite is more durable and suitable for surface treatments. It has many color options and can appeal to almost any decoration style.
Advantages of Granite Kitchen Countertops
- It is a natural and durable material.
- Hygienic as it does not absorb liquid into its body.
- Granite has a homogeneous structure and does not have capillary cracks.
- The quartz in it gives its natural shine. No post-polishing or polishing is required.
- It is highly resistant to damage caused by acids and bases, it is not affected.
- Cleaning granite is easy.
- It is resistant to high temperatures.
- Since it is a natural stone, there will be color and pattern differences according to the minerals in it.
- Its price is high.
- Workmanship must be done by skilled people.
- Hard materials should not be used for cleaning.
Quartz Kitchen Countertops
Advantages of Quartz Kitchen Countertops
- It is 97% natural.
- Quartz is more flexible than granite.
- Quartz has a non-porous structure.
- It is easy to maintain and clean.
Corian Kitchen Countertops
Corian countertop is a homogeneous and non-porous material consisting of 1/3 acrylic resin and 2/3 natural minerals. It has a wide usage area and can be repaired in case of damage.
Advantages of Corian Kitchen Countertops
- It is durable.
- It has a hygienic structure that prevents the growth of bacteria and fungi.
- Joints are not clear, it appears as a single whole.
- It does not contain harmful gases, it is nature friendly.
- In case of damage, it can be repaired on-site without dismantling.
- It is easy to transport and install.
- It has light transmittance due to its translucent feature.
- They can be produced in many different colors.
- Simply cleaning with water and a cloth is sufficient.
- No fading or deterioration in color quality over time.
- It is stain and non-marking.
Concrete Kitchen Countertops
Concrete emerges as a material with different application and usage areas in constructions. It is not uncommon to see concrete, which is mostly used in unfinished construction, indoors. Concrete countertops have started to be used by people who want an industrial and different style in interiors.
Advantages of Concrete Kitchen Countertops
- It can be made in block or cast.
- It can be manufactured at different heights.
- Contact with chemicals should be avoided.
- Soap should not be used for cleaning.
- Maintenance should be done with a concrete surface protector that does not harm health every few years.
- Direct contact with the sun and high heat should be avoided.
- It should not be used on the direct surface of cutting and piercing tools.
- It is a heavy material, it needs support.
- Concrete will not be resistant to acidic substances.
Stainless Steel Kitchen Countertops
Steel countertops are mostly preferred in industrial kitchens. It has recently been used in residential kitchens as it is heat resistant and impermeable to bacteria.
- It is resistant to high temperatures.
- Stainless steel is anti-bacterial.
- Stainless steel is easy to clean.
- It is healthy.
- It gives a modern look.
- Stainless steel is compatible with steel sinks.
- If it is compatible with other furniture, a nice contrast can be achieved.
- To avoid scratches, cuts should not be made on it.
Marble Kitchen Countertops
Marble is a popular material used in many different fields. Polished or honed marble adds a sophisticated and elegant look to the space. It is one of the most used material types as countertops.
Advantages of Marble Kitchen Countertops
- It has an elegant and pleasant appearance.
- Its use is widespread.
- Marble has a durable structure, does not wear easily.
- It provides an aesthetic and decorative appearance in kitchens.
- It is more economical compared to other stones such as granite.
- Marble is a natural material and does not harm health.
- Care must be taken in its use. Direct contact with acidic, scratching, and abrasive substances should be avoided.
- If damaged, it is costly to repair.
Solid Wood Kitchen Countertops
Wood is a natural material and adds warmth to the environment. It is especially used in country-style kitchens. Solid wood can be used in decorations to add the natural warmth of wood to the kitchen.
- It reflects the natural warmth of wood in kitchen decoration.
- Since it is a natural material, it does not contain harmful properties.
- It is solid and useful.
- Solid wood preserves its first-day elegance for years.
- It is possible to compensate for minor abrasions with sandpaper.
- It should be protected from high temperatures.
- Constant maintenance is required.
Glass Kitchen Countertops
Glass countertops can be preferred to add a different atmosphere to the kitchens and to get a stylish look. The glass used in kitchens is durable because it is tempered.
Advantages of Glass Kitchen Countertops
- It is very durable as tempered glass is used.
- It is anti-bacterial and hygienic.
- Scratches and wear can be seen.
- Frequent cleaning is required.
- It is not possible to repair cracks and fractures. It needs to be renewed.